Friday 7 August 2015

Bondi Sands Fake Tan Review

Hi guys! Happy Friday, hope you are all well!
So for a while I have been on the hunt for a new fake tan, I have tried quite a few in the past including, fake bake and st tropez. I struggle to find a tan that doesnt cling to any dry patches and doesn't go patchy but still has a nice deep tanned colour... and guys... I think I may have found the one!!

I recently purchased the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam in Light/Medium (I have the stereotypical Scottish skin tone) I bought mine in Superdrug and it was £14.99. Its an Australian brand but has recently been taken in by Superdrug and is now being sold here in store and online in the UK.
First of all the smell is lovely, it has a coconut scent which is nice for a fake tan. I apply mine with just a typical fake tan mit, the tan applies really smoothly and unlike other tans it gives you time to rub it in without settling where you first place your mit.
I used about one pump for my elbow to my hand and maybe one and a half pump for above my elbow which covered around my shoulder and slightly onto my shoulder blade and the collar bone area, so a little goes far!
It didn't gather around the usual areas such as hands, elbows, knees and ankles which I don't know about you but that is an absolute first in my fake tanning history!!
I wait about 20 mins and I apply another coat to obtain the shade I prefer, the tan layers well and doesn't smudge of when reapplying a layer of tan like other brands have done on me in the past.
I apply my tan in the evening and shower the next morning, I avoid using shower gels when its the first shower after tan application as they can strip the colour slightly, so thats a little tip for you! And of course I just pat my self dry with the towel, and apply a thin layer of moisturizer.
This is by far the best fake tan I have ever tried and I have very difficult skin when it comes to fake tans, as I have quite dry skin, but this worked beautifully!

Left- before application (yes I know Im super pale, Im from Scotland give me a break haha!) (also can we all take a sec to appreciate my awesome slippers? primarks finest!!)
Middle- Just after the two coats have been applied
Right- After it has fully developed over night and showered.

Hope this has been helpful to anybody looking to try out a new fake tan! Have a great weekend lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment